I think I can say that the year 2015 has been the best year of my life so far. It’s been a year of paradoxes – I’ve been very happy and very sad, I’ve had a lot of money and practically no money! I’ve been stretched and I’ve grown…
I decided to write some of the lessons I’ve learnt this year…15 of them 🙂
I wanted to write stories for each of the points but that would have made it such a long read. So, let’s do it this way: After you read through the points, go to the comments section and let me know which point(s) you want more details on 🙂
That way, I can expatiate on the points in subsequent posts.
- Good people will make mistakes and do bad things. See the good in them anyway.
- Love is sweetest when we love the purest.
- In the words of D’Banj, ‘Don’t get it twisted – love is a beautiful thing!’
- When you take that leap and it looks like you’re about to kiss the ground, God’s hands are always there to catch you.
- Frustration can be good thing.
- In the fire, it looks like you’d never get out alive, but when you do, you’ll appreciate how well-cooked you’ve become.
- A life with love and laughter is a truly rich life.
- Family is important. Be more intentional about developing depth in these relationships & not just assuming they’d always be there.
- Have that one song that can make you snap out of a bad mood! Mine is Kaydeen Numbere’s “Oghene Doh”!
- Dance. A lot. In your underwear. At home. Just dance! LOL!
- The best intentions are dead without strategy and execution.
- Heartbreak can be one of the best things to happen to you if you let it stretch you the right way.
- There are two “realities” – What God’s word says and what’s currently happening physically. Choose your reality…What you choose is what you’ll live out.
- Scripture is the most stabilizing force on earth – Regardless of what’s going on, God’s word is a rock that never fails.
- Knowing how much God loves you is enough…His love is enough!
Let me know what lessons resonate with you. Thanks for reading!
Merry Christmas & do have a fabulous New Year!